Transport Scotland eBike Loan
What is the eBike Loan?
This fantastic scheme available in Scotland offers an interest free loan of up to £6,000, payable over 4 years to individuals to help to purchase an ebike.
The eBike revolution is here!
An eBikes is a great alternative to a normal bike. The pedal assisted motor offers the ability to ride further, for longer. To climb a hill you never thought you could, to carry heavy loads on a bike, and so much more.
The eBike Loan is offered through the Energy Saving Trust and is funded by Transport for Scotland.
What can I buy through the scheme?
- 2 x ebikes capped at £3,000 each
- 1 x family cargo bike capped at £6,000
- 1 x adapted cycle (value assessed on a case-by-case basis)
Can I add to the grant to buy a more expensive bike?
Yes you can. The grant value can be for the full cost of the bike or you can add funds to it if the bike you want costs more than the grant limit.
Are all eBikes eligible?
The scheme relates to pedal-assisted electric bikes or ebikes for short. All our e-bikes are pedal-assisted and are eligible for the grant.
The purchased ebike must comply with the UK Government’s eligibility criteria for Scotland.
- the eBike Loan is available for up to £6,000 per person
- it is an interest-free loan with no administrative fees
- the repayment period is four years
- excluding a deposit contribution, applicants must not make any other payment towards the ebike before receiving a written offer of a loan from Energy Saving Trust
- the loan cannot be applied for retrospectively, i.e. after the ebike has been paid for in full
- applications are processed on a first come, first served basis all year round subject to the availability of loan funds. We reserve the right to suspend or reject applications in consultation with Transport Scotland on the grounds that there are insufficient funds available in any financial year to provide loans to all applicants
- applications are subject to credit and affordability checks
- the scheme is funded by Transport Scotland and administered by Energy Saving Trust, Second Floor, Ocean Point 1, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, EH6 6JH
- Energy Saving Trust is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This loan is subject to availability and terms and conditions apply
How to apply
For more information and to make an application, please call Home Energy Scotland on freephone 0808 808 2282.
Want help finding a bike
For more information on an ebike or on using the grant to purchase your bike at Spokes please contact us.